All TLI English Language students will be required to complete a registration / enrolment form before attending a course.
Information given will be kept confidential however TLI reserve the right to pass on information to appropriate government departments and the Police. Student registration must take place before a place on a course is offered.
Non-Arrival / Cancellations
Refunds of course fees paid in advance will be given under the following circumstances:
- 100% of course fees if course is cancelled 12 weeks or more in advance.
- 80% of course fee if course is cancelled 8-11 weeks in advance.
- 50% of course fee if course is cancelled 4-10 weeks in advance.
- 25% of course fee if course is cancelled 2-3 weeks in advance.
- No refund will be given if course is cancelled less than two weeks in advance.
- No course fees will be refunded to students who arrive later than 1 week after the booked course start date although if a student arrives within 4 weeks after the booked start date a new start date will be offered.
TLI will normally refund course fees paid in advance if an individual has extenuating circumstances such as illness or family bereavement.
- TLI will not give any refunds of course fees for classes missed by students.
- TLI reserves the right to cancel a course if attendance by a student falls below 80%. This percentage will only be calculated after 2 weeks.
- Non-attendance by non-EU nationals will be reported to the appropriate government authorities.
Misconduct – Students will be given a written warning for:
- Repeated absence / tardiness without reasonable cause
- Bullying *
- Abusive behaviour*
- Misuse of computers / internet (e.g. viewing inappropriate web content)
- Consuming food in class
- Repeated failure to complete coursework and homework without reasonable cause
Gross Misconduct – Students will be excluded from school without reimbursement of fees for:
- Violent behaviour
- Consuming alcohol and / or illegal substances / Being drunk on school premises
- Smoking inside school building
- Theft or wilful damage to school property
- 3 written warnings
- Racial abuse to other students / staff *
In addition to the rules set out above, TLI English Language School request that all students:
- Behave in a polite and kind manner to all other students
- Dress in an appropriate manner
- Refrain from consuming food and hot drinks outside the common room / kitchen
*How to recognise bullying / aggressive / racist behaviour and what you should do:
Bullying – Bullying is when a student or member of staff attempts to intimidate another student or member of staff physically or mentally or when they make insulting comments.
Racial Abuse – Racial abuse is when a student or member of staff makes unpleasant comments about another student or members of staff’s colour, nationality and / or religion.
Abusive behaviour – Abusive behaviour is when a student or member of staff makes unpleasant comments about someone else’s physical appearance and / or intellectual ability.
What you should do: If you see or hear about any of these types of behaviour you should IMMEDIATELY inform a member of the school staff. If you prefer, you may do it in writing. DO NOT try to deal with the situation by yourself. DO NOT approach or respond to a student who is behaving in a bad way.